The Challenge: Monday, October 8 – 29th, 2018
This year our goal is to raise $12,000 and inspire 5 people to support the long-term growth of Yoga Outreach by becoming monthly donors. In 2019, we’ll be working hard to expand services across the province of British Columbia and donations from the 2018 Yoga Challenge will help make this possible!
With last year’s challenge funds we purchased:
- a new projector for training delivery outside the lower mainland;
- a video camera so that we can showcase our amazing work; and
- we are pleased to say that we have also been able to increase staff hours!
In addition to financially helping us make a leap across the province, all donations and pledges from this year’s Yoga Challenge will go directly towards:
- additional props for some of our programs with clients with more physically diverse needs; and
- a videographer for training videos; and
- ensuring that we have the staff and organizational resources we need to continue delivering excellent programs, and train skilled yoga teachers in the communities that we already serve.
What is the 21 Day Yoga Challenge?
The 21 Day Yoga challenge is a commitment to do 21 minutes of yoga or meditation for 21 days. During that time, we ask all participants to each raise a minimum of $210 (any amount is appreciated) in donations to help us reach our fundraising goal of $12,000.
Interested in joining the movement? This is how it works:
- Register as an individual, or as a team (each registrant pays $21);
- Create your on-line fundraising page and that’s it!
From here you can start inspiring friends and family to make a difference in the lives of so many!!!
- Register as an Individual ; or
- Create a Corporate Team – we’ll promote your participation through our social media channels. Each person registers in this case but you create one fundraising page for your team and everyone directs their pledges there; or
- Donate $100+ to become a Corporate Sponsor – You’ll receive a tax receipt & we’ll promote your business through social media (Facebook: 2080+, Twitter: 1286, Instagram: 535+) Our monthly newsletter (1387) and mention on our challenge page; or
- Host a by-donation class or workshop with proceeds going to Yoga Outreach; or
- Donate an in-kind item for our social media contests – We’ll promote your business through our social media channels; or
- Donate here instead of participating.
Yoga Outreach’s past 21 years of community service has only been possible thanks to volunteers and individuals like YOU who donate to support the healing of your community.
Thank you for all you do, we could not do this work without your support!