Yoga Outreach collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of delivering yoga programming, yoga teachers training, support workers training. The organization is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
Yoga Outreach is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organization has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
Yoga Outreach will
- Collect only information which the organization requires for its primary function;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorized access; and
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.