Which charitable causes, volunteer opportunities, or community groups draw your energy?
If you’ve overcome adversity in your life, chances are high that related topics naturally draw your attention and empathy.
It’s possible that your gifts to the community are valuable because of your lived experience.
In this workshop, participants will reflect, discuss, and brainstorm possibilities for transforming emotional pain into creative community work. Some topics we’ll discuss:
- What does it take to use our greatest challenges as fuel for our greatest potential?
- What truly matters to us? What are our most important values?
- What helps break down barriers within and around us?
- How can spirituality and social justice align harmoniously?
- What are some creative ways of contributing to our communities using our own skills and strengths?
On a backdrop of embodiment, systemic challenges, yoga, and storytelling we will journey into what gets our hearts aflame, how to find the balance between self-care and community care, and share our gifts to engage meaningfully with our surroundings.
March 27th, 2021 | 10am – 2pm
Sliding scale $75 – $0 | YO Volunteers 50% off & YO Volunteer Alum 25% off