Yoga Outreach’s 21 Day Yoga Challenge ~ October 19 – November 8th
What could you Challenge?
For 21 days, commit to a daily practice of yoga, meditation, or any healthy habit you’d like to make into a routine. Pick something achievable, meaningful to you, but not too easy. You could even commit to an off-the-mat practice such as challenging instances of patriarchy or racism you encounter throughout your day.
Next, register! Your $21 and any funds you raise will help us continue to support, empower, and reconnect our community’s most vulnerable individuals. Plus, research shows that making a public commitment, and putting money behind your goal, increases your chance of succeeding. It’s the perfect opportunity to get yourself out of a rut, AND support Yoga Outreach’s work*.
In exchange, you’ll receive:
- a free ticket to our Challenge Kick Off Kundalini Yoga Dance Party
- a chance to win a $210 gift certificate for a YO workshop or event
- 15% off fall workshops
Then, on social media, post about your goal and your reason for supporting Yoga Outreach. You’ll be entered to win another draw to attend more YO events. We’ve also got some pretty sweet yoga prop packs to give away.
Ask your friends for support. The 21 Day Yoga Challenge is a really important fundraiser for our work with marginalized communities. Explain to your circle why yoga can be life-changing, and ask for donations. You could also host a bake sale, garage sale, karaoke night, or head shave! Whatever you dream up. Top fundraiser wins a $500, all-inclusive Yoga Outreach Retreat!
Why does Yoga Outreach need Support?
*Yoga Outreach’s weekly programs serve:
- Women and children fleeing violence
- Incarcerated youth
- Women in prison
- Those accessing mental health services
- Those recovering from addictions
Yoga Outreach is celebrating 23 years of providing yoga programming across BC. That’s 23 years of providing individuals with an opportunity to heal, reconnect with, and feel safe within their bodies, while also re-establishing a sense of community.
Yoga Outreach programs empower marginalized adults and youth with choice, a sense of community connection, and tools to draw from in order to self-regulate and manage daily circumstances.
More Ways to Participate
- Register as an individual or Create a team – We’ll promote your company’s participation through our social media channels and you’ll be entered to win a $210 Gift Certificate for any YO event (except Michelle Johnson) between November 2019 and November 2020; or
- Donate $250+ to become a Corporate Sponsor – You’ll receive a tax receipt & we’ll promote your business through social media (Facebook: 2540+, Instagram: 860+) and our monthly newsletter (1350+); or
- Donate an in-kind item for our social media contests – We’ll promote your business through our social media channels (contact email@example.com); or
- Donate here instead of participating
Whether you’re a team player, a solo practitioner, or a competitive go-getter, we’ve got a prize to tempt you.