Celebrating 25 years! October 11th – 31st, 2021
Who needs your help?
- Women and children fleeing violence
- Incarcerated youth
- Women in prison
- Those accessing mental health services
- Those recovering from addictions
Our wonderful volunteers share yoga practices in Transition Houses for women and children throughout BC. Even since the pandemic, they’ve continued to teach via video link, and have even made trauma-informed yoga videos that can be viewed in the women’s private rooms. Volunteers are also teaching in prisons, addiction recovery centres, and mental health facilities.
Your financial and energetic support covers the cost of administering programs in specialized social service facilities, recruiting and mentoring volunteers, and creating up-to-date training curriculum. Yoga Outreach students really appreciate having one or two hours a week to take a break from their daily challenges.
For 25 years Yoga Outreach has been providing individuals with an opportunity to heal, reconnect with, and feel safe within their bodies, while also re-establishing a sense of community.
Registration for the 21-Day Challenge is just $25. That’s enough to allow one vulnerable person to attend a weekly class in a service facility where Yoga Outreach operates. Of course, we’d love it if you raised more, but every amount helps.
In exchange, you’ll receive:
- access to a series of special live classes with AMAZING yoga teachers!
- regular emails to support your challenge, guided yoga practices on video
- 10% off registration at any of our events (space permitting) until the end of 2021
If you’re on social media, post about your reason for supporting Yoga Outreach. You’ll be entered to win another draw to attend more YO events. We’ve also got some pretty sweet tees & socks to give away.
There are also prizes for
- Most funds raised
- Second most funds raised, and
- Social media
More Ways to Participate
- Ask your friends for support. The 21 Day Yoga Challenge is an important fundraiser for our work with marginalized communities. Explain to your circle why yoga can be life-changing, and ask for donations. You could also host a bake sale, garage sale, or head shave! Whatever you dream up – socially distanced off course.